- A.J. with Little Big Town at the VBC, Kimberly is the blonde to my right.
Kimberly Schlapman’s (Little Big Town) Vinegar Pie
Cook time: 30 min
Yield: 6 Servings
1 pie crust
3/4 stick margarine
1 cup sugar
3 1/2 teaspoons white distilled vinegar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 teaspoons self-rising flour
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup fresh raspberries
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Roll out pie dough and line a standard pie pan. Cut extra around the rim and discard. Place in refrigerator until ready to use.
3. In a small pot melt the margarine. Meanwhile, in a bowl whisk the sugar, eggs, vinegar, vanilla, flour and nuts. Slowly pour the melted margarine a little at a time and mix until well incorporated. Pour into prepared pie shell and bake in oven for 30 minutes. Remove and let cool before serving.
4. Using a handheld blender whip heavy cream in a bowl until stiff peaks. Dollop on top of sliced pie. Garnish with fresh raspberries.