Willie Nelson's Luck, Texas - a private town modeled after the old west - was damaged by severe weather last week.
The town was built in 1986 as a set for Willie's movie Red Headed Stranger. He writes on Facebook, "Last week's tornado-force winds ripped several buildings apart, including the bank, the post office, and left World Headquarters holding on by a splinter."
No one was injured and it is expected that the town will be re-built.
The town, which is located outside of Austin, isn't open to the public but is used occasionally for special events.
Luck serves as home to several rescue horses, none of which were injured, either.
- photo courtesy of Legacy
Willie Nelson released a new studio album on June 17.
Band of Brothers (SONY/Legacy) offers 14 tracks, including nine songs composed by Nelson and Buddy Cannon.
It is his first album of predominately new original material since Spirit in 1996.
A video for “The Wall,” one of the album’s key tracks, debuted exclusively on RollingStone.com.
The single is already available at digital retailers.
Working with producer Cannon, who helmed Nelson’s first three Legacy releases, he recorded the bulk of Band of Brothers during sessions at Sound Emporium Studios in Nashville, with additional recording at Pedernales Studio in Austin, Texas and The Hit Factory Criteria in Miami, Florida.
Recording sessions took place between October 2013 and March 2014, with a band made up of Jim “Moose” Brown (keyboards), Eddie Bayers (drums), Kevin “Swine” Grantt (bass), Bobby Terry (guitar), Tommy White (steel guitar) and Mickey Raphael (harmonica).
The project also includes Nelson’s interpretations of Vince Gill’s ”Whenever You Come Around,” Billy Joe Shaver’s “The Git Go” (a duet with Jamey Johnson) and the appropriately-titled “Songwriter,” written by Gordie Sampson and Bill Anderson.
Band of Brothers – Track List:
1. Bring It On (Willie Nelson/Buddy Cannon)
2. Guitar in the Corner (Willie Nelson/Buddy Cannon)
3. The Wall (Willie Nelson/Buddy Cannon)
4. Whenever You Come Around (Vince Gill/Pete Wasner)
5. Wives and Girlfriends (Willie Nelson/Buddy Cannon)
6. I Thought I Left You (Willie Nelson/Buddy Cannon)
7. Send Me a Picture (Willie Nelson/Buddy Cannon)
8. Used to Her (Willie Nelson/Buddy Cannon)
9. The Git Go (Billy Joe Shaver/Gary Nicholson)
10. Band of Brothers (Willie Nelson/Buddy Cannon)
11. Hard to Be an Outlaw (Billy Joe Shaver)
12. Crazy Like Me (Dennis Morgan/Shawn Camp/Billy Burnette)
13. The Songwriters (Gordie Sampson/Bill Anderson)
14. I’ve Got a Lot of Traveling to Do (Willie Nelson/Buddy Cannon)