An Alternative Fuel From Making Whiskey

posted by Stuart Langston - 


Scientists in Scotland were able to build a car that runs on leftovers from the whiskey distillation process.

They retooled the motor of a Ford Focus to run on biobutanol, which is made from a combination of the barley residue left after whiskey is fermented and pot ale, another leftover chemical created when whiskey is distilled.

This was a big breakthrough because only 10% of what flows out of any distillery actually becomes whiskey. The other 90% is waste -- unless it’s turned into fuel, which actually burns cleaner than gasoline. (Telegraph)

Stuart Langston

Stuart Langston

Want to know more about Stuart Langston? Get their official bio, social pages & articles on 102.1 WDRM! Read more

title

Content Goes Here