Be sure to take advantage of the Tax Free weekend whether it's getting the kids ready for school or you just want to treat yourself! The Alabama Back-to-School Tax Free weekend will start on Friday, July 20th and end at 11:59pm on Sunday, July 22nd.
All of the counties in our listening area will be participating in the Tax Free weekend except for Marshall County. Guntersville, despite being in Marshall County, has opted in for the Tax Free Weekend. Priceville will not participate in the Tax Free weekend.
Tax Exempt Items
- Clothing - $100 or less, per article of clothing (Clothing accessories are taxable)
- Art Supplies/School Supplies - $50 or less, per item
- Computers - a single item of $750 or less
- Books - $30 or less per item (Book defined as printed sheets bound together and published in a volume with an ISBN number)
- Click here for a full list of Taxable and Tax Exempt items