The article above talks about being able to have you sleeping like a baby within 30 minutes! Which is awesome for those of us that seem to lay in bed for hours just waiting to drift off BUT apparently the military has a way that you can fall asleep in 2 MINUTES!
A book put out way back in 1981 revealed a secret method the U.S. military came up with than can put you to sleep in 2 minutes. It may not work the first time you try it but the military found that when people kept at it for 6 weeks, it had a 96% success rate.
The five steps:
- Relax your face, including your tongue, jaw, and the muscles around your eyes.
- Drop your shoulder as low as they can go. Then relax your arms one at a time.
- Breathe out, and relax your chest.
- Relax your legs, starting with your thighs and then your calves.
- Picture yourself in a calm location, like lying in a canoe under a clear blue sky. . . or lying in a black velvet helmet in a dark room. And if you're still not asleep, repeat the phrase " don't think, don't think" over and over again in your head.
Again, it might not work the first time you try it but the military found that when people kept at it for 6 weeks, it had a 96% success rate.