A recent trend that has popped up across The Nation as health care workers and hospitals battle the COVID-19 pandemic is Light It Up or Park & Pray events. These events sometimes see hundreds of people sitting in their cars with their lights flashing as they pray, send well wishes, or just show their support for the brave women and men keeping our communities healthy.
SUNDAY night from 6:30pm to 7:30pm we encourage everyone to Light Up North Alabama. Tune into 102.1 WDRM from 6:30pm to 7:30pm for an hour of prayer, inspirational messages, and music as we join together to send our thoughts and prayers to those on the frontlines who are fighting everyday to keep our communities safe and healthy. (You can stream WDRM HERE, listen on our iHeartRadio, or tell your smart speaker to play 102.1 WDRM)
Whether you can make it out to one of the below approved locations (stay in your car with windows rolled up) to show your support in person or you want to stay at home and tune in, we hope you join us to Light Up North Alabama!
Locations are as follows:
In support of HUNTSVILLE HOSPITAL, approved locations are:
- Longwood Lot located between Gallatin Medical Tower and UAB, approximately 200 spaces. *The entrance to this lot is on Longwood. IT IS NOT THE PARKING DECK…this is for employees only who will be able to see the lights during shift change.
- Woman and Children’s West Surface gated lot, approximately 60 spaces. This is the parking lot that is not directly in front of the building. That is where the ER is located, and we need to stay out of that area. This lot is the one to the West of the main entrance to Women and Children’s Hospital.
- The parking lot directly across from Women and Children’s from Westmark Construction through Shon Henry State Farm has been approved for parking by the owner, Wade Russell.
- Quickcare Pharmacy and Urgent Care as well as BBVA Bank have also given approval for parking.
- First Baptist Church REAR parking lot on St. Clair. This lot can be seen from the Huntsville Hospital employee parking deck and the nursing home can see as well.
*Both the Longwood and Women and Children’s are gated lots. The gates will open at 6:15PM and close at 7:45PM.
In support of CRESTWOOD MEDICAL CENTER, approved locations are:
- Trinity United Methodist Church parking lot
- Holy Spirit Catholic Church and School parking lots
- Crestwood has approved parking in their North lot by the North Lobby/Outpatient entrance off of Whitesport. People may park anywhere between the hospital and 4810 Whitesport Circle, a large building at the very northern edge of that parking lot that they own.
In support of HUNTSVILLE HOSPITAL MADISON, approved locations are:
- Madison Wellness Center approved by Huntsville Hospital. This will cover Madison Hospital and the HEMSI station.